The main track context menu is obtained by right-clicking on the track name. To change outputs, right-click on the track-output box. To rename a track, double-click on the track name.
drag n drop:
- drag from a filemanager to add an audio file to the Song.
- drag from the Pool window to create a new Part.
- drag from the Colour window to colour a Track or Part.
- drag from the Colour window onto the background to change the background colour.
- drag from the background to another window/panel to re-dock the Arrange panel.
there are several ways of changing the zoom:
- use the horizontal and vertical sliders in the toolbar at the top of the window.
- with either the default Tool, or the Zoom Tool selected, draw a box in the window to define the zoom area.
- use the + and - keys.
- use the A,D,S,W keys to zoom in and out independently on the x and y axis.
- use the options in the View/Zoom menu.
- zoom changes can be undone using the zoom-history.
the following tools are available:
- normal - make selections, and change Part start and end.
- pencil - draw empty parts
- mute - not yet implemented.
- magnifier - draw a box to define the viewport.
- scissors - split Parts.
- click on a part to select it.
- shift-click on a part to extend the range of the selection.
- control click on a part to add it to the selection.
- drag on the desktop to draw a box enclosing a number of parts.
- To create a new automation curve for a track, right click on the Track Control area. Select either Volume or Pan. If the track has plugins, each plugin parameter should also be available.
- To add a new point to the curve, right click on a curve node.
- hold SHIFT to constrain point movement to up and down only.
- to enable midi editing, select a Part, then use the E key to go into Midi Edit mode.
- to insert notes, select the pencil tool and draw within the Part.
- to change the start, end and velocity of notes, drag the start, end, or velocity bar of the midi event.
- to change the visible note range on a track, click on the top or bottom of the keyboard on the track control area.
- hold CTL while clicking here to change the vertical magnification of notes.
- hit Escape to leave Midi Edit mode.
Above the ruler is the song map area. It can be used to show labels for the sections or transitions in the arrangement.
- double click to create a new label.
- drag the label to move it.
- CTL-drag the label to copy it.
- double click the label to rename it.
arrange keyboard shortcuts:
|h||go back in zoom history list|
|CTL A||select all|
|cursor keys change part and track selection|